Monday, September 23, 2013

Craft Space

I'm a big crafter, so 5-6 large boxes of craft stuff have been camping out in our guest room while we try to decide how to arrange the office/craft room.  We finally made some progress. 
 
First, we hung the pegboard.
Technically, first we painted it - it was a lovely blue that looked terrible against the wall, so we painted it the same gray that is in the kitchen.  Pegboard is really easy to paint.
Now that I have the pegboard, I've been able to get a bunch of my scissors, stamps, thread, and other items up and out of the way. 
 
We also finally hung the elfa shelving.  We have two sets, one on either side of the door.  The other side is for office supplies and the router and stuff. 
 
Over the weekend, I finally got around to rearranging the shelves, which had become a dumping ground.
The printer is wireless, so it's going to live downstairs.  And so I finally got my fabric into new bins and up on the shelves.  The bins are sterilite bins from Target and I bought 2 enormous ones and a set of 5 small shoeboxes.  I searched for craft room inspiration and fabric storage ideas, and somebody recommended keeping fat quarters/quilting scraps in shoeboxes, which I thought was a great idea. It lets me sort by project or color.  I have a sixth shoe box that I bought for keeping all the birthday cards, etc. that people send me that are really sweet or sentimental and I don't want to get rid of.  (It was a stor-all bankers box before we moved, so good job downsizing, self!)
 
At the moment, the plan is to keep my serger on the bottom shelf, but I'm not sure how well that will go. There is still at least one giant box to unpack of crafting miscellany.  I decided last night to take a good sort through my beads and then maybe sell/freecycle them because I don't like what I have, I don't enjoy beading as a hobby, and they take up a lot of room. 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment