Friday, January 3, 2014

Snow Covered

When I came out of the office yesterday, the snow had already started.  I rode in the snow to the gym anyway.  Then the snow kept falling and I had to ride home.  I forgot a plastic bag for my bike seat, but luckily, the seat on my Canondale Quick is pretty waterproof and doesn't absorb water. 
 
 
It was really coming down as I went to carry my bike into the house. 
As I opened the door, my husband came to me and asked what I needed.  I replied with, "towels".  I wiped my bike off best I could outside (it was still totally covered in snow except the seat) and then brought it in. 

As the snow dripped off my bike onto the floor, we put down towels and mats.  However, this morning as we shoveled out the car, I started drafting a "snow emergency plan".  Hopefully this will allow us to be better prepared in the event of inclement weather. 

1.) Keep old towels near the front door. We were gifted new towels as a housewarming present, so this will be easy. 
2.) Get a second door mat that is super absorbent for the back door to put boots and the snow shovel on. 
3.) Flip wiper blades up so that they do not freeze to the car and then have to be dug out. 
4.) Clear the drying rack so that we can put dripping winter clothes on it. 
 
5.) Stock up on hot cocoa. 

My instinct is to buy All The Mats and put them everywhere, but I have to consider where we would store them.  We have discussed getting a runner that goes all the way under the gravity stand and will absorb the dripping from the rack.  I think we will be making that happen soon. 

Any other suggestions? What is your snow emergency plan?
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment