Tuesday, October 29, 2013

New living room rug

Our living room rug came from Overstock.  I had mixed feelings on the color at first, but I'm warming up to it and it's really soft and comfy. 




We had to put the rug pad down first.  Rug pads by the way, need to be trimmed to fit.  Also moving the furniture around to put a heavy rug under it is really frustrating. 




Once we had gotten the rug under the sofa and looking good, my husband raised concerns that the rug was too far under the couch and was making the room look too...large on the left? I did not care for his concerns or having to pick up the couches again. 
However, I do agree that it looks better with equal amounts of wood floor on either side. 
We also realized it would be best to just prop up the couch with books so that we could move the rug around without massive lifting and swearing.  I recommend this method. 

No comments:

Post a Comment