Sunday, November 17, 2013

Exciting Saturday Night!

This morning, my husband mentioned he has trouble figuring out my organizational system in our pots & pans drawer.  I agreed, and as I was rearranging the pots and pans, I realized that they were getting the bottom of the drawer pretty sticky.  Originally, I held off on lining the drawers because I didn't want to stick down contact paper, and the rolls of paper are pretty expensive, and I didn't know how necessary it was. I lined the shelves where glasses go to keep them from chipping, but wasn't convinced we needed to line all of the drawers. I also wanted pretty contact paper, and I didn't find any I liked. Regardless, I decided that I needed to line the drawers at some point. 

Then, I was at JoAnn and they had pretty contact paper! The print is Aspen Aloe, and I don't know if it's old fashioned fuddy duddy or newfangled vintage hip, but I liked it and I wanted to line the drawer for pots and pans so that oil, etc. doesn't keep getting off the bottom of the pots onto the drawers.  So I came home and cleaned out the drawers. 

Drawers all clean and waiting for contact paper.
The liner doesn't quite reach all the way to the back of the drawers, but I decided it was okay, because again, I don't live in Pinterest.  This is the stuff that lays flat and is non-skid.
Drawer with liner and all of the pots!
I also lined the tupperware drawer while I was at it, because the lids trap water and drip onto the wood and I was concerned about long-term damage. 

So that was my Saturday night! 

1 comment: