Monday, March 17, 2014

Garden

Last Friday, I mailed off our renewal of our community garden plot - except this year, we are switching from the City Farm at Light and Heath St. to the City Farm at Charles and Heath, which is all of two blocks closer to our house. However, it's half the distance, so it feels justifiable, and we are upgrading to a plot that hopefully will get a lot more sun, so that will be nice and maybe prove fruitful. 
What are we going to plant this year?  Well, last year we had very good luck with Roma tomatoes and I had a lot of fun making my own pasta sauce and pizza sauce, so we are definitely doing Romas. We also had excellent luck with small Japanese eggplants, which were fruitful and delicious, so I think we will do those. We don't do squash because of the squash borers. I think this year I will grow cucumbers, even though my husband doesn't particularly care for them.  We had excellent luck with our beets last year, so we will be doing those again, and I think this year we are going to plant a lot more greens, specifically kale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment