Thursday, December 12, 2013

Tablecloths.

So, I made this tablecloth, and then, once we put it on our enormous table, we realized two things. 
 
1.) A white backdrop makes the carpet look very dingy.
2.) A pattern on a 120 inch table looks really busy. 
 
So we decided that from now on, only solid colored tablecloths and no white.  It was hard to tell, because I ordered the fabric from Fabric.com, how busy the tablecloth would look. However, ordering fabric is probably the way to go, because most tablecloths are far too expensive for our tastes.  The width of this fabric was good (I think it was 54 inches), but I definitely didn't need 4 yards. I think in the future I would order 3.5 yards.  Probably something like this textured indoor/outdoor fabric could work well but I'm not sure how the bright green would look with the dark green of the carpet (but our existing green tablecloth looks okay.)

No comments:

Post a Comment